Frequently Asked Questions
Could it be possible that Islam, whose light ended the Dark Ages in Europe, now propounds the advent of an age of terror? Could a faith that has over 1.2 billion followers the world over, and over 7 million in America, actually advocate the killing of innocent people? Could Islam, whose name itself stands for “peace” and “submission to God”, encourage its adherents to work for death and destruction?
For too long, have we relied on popular images in the media and in Hollywood films, for answers to these pertinent questions. It is now time to look at the sources of Islam, and its history to determine whether Islam does indeed advocate violence.
HAMZA ANDREAS TZORTZIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SPEAKER ON ISLAM, A WRITER AND INTELLECTUAL ACTIVIST. HE HAS DEBATED PROMINENT INTELLECTUALS AND ACADEMICS. SOME OF HIS INTERLOCUTORS INCLUDE THE LEADING HUMANIST AND BEST SELLING AUTHOR PETER CAVE, THE EDITOR OF THE PHILOSOPHY NOW MAZAGINE RICK LEWIS AND THE HIGHLY ACCLAIMED PROFESSOR SIMON BLACKBURN. MORE RECENTLY HAMZA DEBATED ONE OF THE LEADING AMERICAN ATHEISTS AND SECULAR ACTIVISTS DR. ED BUCKNER, THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICAN ATHEISTS.
Answers to FAQs...
- Why does Islam have the concept of jihad or holy war, which some use to justify violence and terrorism?
- Why are there verses in the Qur’an that encourage Muslims to kill non-believers wherever they find them?
- Was Islam spread by the Sword?
- Why are Muslims not condemning terrorist acts?
- What does Islam say about Terrorism?
- Islam Explained
- The True Peaceful Face of Islam by Karen Armstrong